Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mourners vs. Rejoicers

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are finally crawling. As in full on crawling, not the inch worm that Thing 1 does, or the army crawl that Thing 2 is known for. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Sad since it seems to be going by so fast. I feel like I am not cherishing all the moments and rejoicing in their milestones as much as I told myself I would. With The Girlchick, I felt like it all passed me by so quickly, and I didn't get to enjoy her baby stages enough. I would get sad and lament each new stage like it was over forever never to be seen again. I told myself if we ever had more kids that I would try to slow down and embrace it all, enjoy it to it's fullest and rejoice in each passing milestone. I find myself doing that more this time, but I still feel like it is not enough and it's too fast. It is different this time around, I'm not as sad and regretting that she is growing up, I just wish I had a little more time to enjoy the current stage before we moved on to the next. A good friend told me that there are 2 types of parents regarding the stages our kids go through, the mourners and the rejoicers. With The Girlchick I was a mourner, with the boys I am more of a rejoicer, but with a slight leaning towards mourner. There just seems to never be enough time. Where does it all go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!