Thursday, February 9, 2012

Little Stinkers

So this past weekend The Girlchick and I went to get the car washed.  She loves to stand on the little steps that lead up to the viewing area and watch all the cars go through.  She is just full of questions about the cars, their owners, the color soap, why the dryer is so loud, you name it or she sees it and she has a question about it.  I try to give her an honest answer for her questions, but it is tiring trying to keep up.  So our car finally makes it through the wash and we are sitting outside waiting for them to finish with it.  By this time she has asked to go potty, asked for drink out of the vending machine, asked for a snack out of the vending machine and exclaimed that she is SOOOOOOOOOO thirsty and SOOOOOOOOOOOO hungry and she really really really needs something to eat and drink.  She is really serious, really really serious.  I keep telling her no, that she has water in the car, and if she had eaten all her lunch she wouldn't be hungry.  Two young boys walk by with a cellophane package, she of course spies it and says "mommy they have a snack from the vending machine, I want one."  I look to see what they have and I tell her that no - it's an air freshener package.  She asks what that is and I tell her that it makes the air in the car smell better.  She says that we need one, and I tell her no that our car doesn't smell.  She proceeds to argue with me that it does.  I then ask her why and tell her it doesn't smell in front where I am, does it smell in the back where you are?  She said that yes it does.  I ask her why - did you leave food back there or something?  She says - no I fart all the time and they are stinky.  I really really had to try and not bust out laughing, but she was so cute.  I just grabbed her and hugged her and told her I loved her and that she makes me smile and happy all the time!  BTW - Her nickname is Stinkers for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!