Friday, March 1, 2013

Singing Boys

Our nightly routine to put the boys to bed is we start to get ready, brushing teeth, jammies, and then we do a little "rocky bye" (which is what The Girlchick used to call it and it just stuck).  I love to rock them at night.  I get tons of snuggles, and I feel like I can spend a few quality minutes reconnecting with my boys.  Since I started my new job back in June I don't get to see them as much during the day since I leave in the mornings before anyone gets up.  I used to get them dressed and drop them off in the mornings, and I really miss seeing them first thing when they are all happy when they first wake up. 

So I rock them, I don't rock them to sleep and this is purely for me for my enjoyment.  I first rock Thing 2, then Thing 1.  Thing 2 has to go first since he will actually lay down and be quiet after I rock him.  I will hold Thing 1's hand while I rock Thing 2.  Thing 1 has to go last since he will freak out and scream if I try to rock him first and then put him down and don't leave the room.  As long as I leave as soon as I put him down he is fine, but if not then he screams and it takes him forever to settle back down.  I started to sing to them to help calm them down.  They have recently started to sing with me and ask for song requests.  Thing 2 always asks for Old McDonald but he calls it E I O, and Thing 1 usually asks for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or ABC's or as he says Sar and C's.

Here they are singing with me.  



Thing 2 and his Old McDonalds







Thing 1 and his Twinkle and ABC's


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!