Sunday, April 22, 2012

Little Girl Growing up

The Girlchick is growing up way too fast.  We had her last parent teacher conference at her Montessori school.  I got a little teary leaving knowing it was the last one.  Then I did a little happy dance knowing that we will soon be getting a monthly raise! 

It was a good meeting with her teacher.  Her teacher has been telling us that The Girlchick is pretty smart, but I would always say in the back of my head "yeah, ok, you say that to all the parents".  But this time she actually said that we need to have The Girlchick tested for the gifted and talented program at the kindergarten, and maybe even skip kindergarten all together.  Now that blew me away.  She can read really well.  She is already reading chapter books, and spelling really well, can do story math problems, but I guess I just never realized that all the kids in her class weren't doing this. 

Then on Thursday we registered her for kindergarten.  I got a little teary leaving there too.  I know, I know, I admit it, I'm a mourner I've already determined this and stated this as fact mourners vs. rejoicers.  I just always feel like there is not enough time to slow down and enjoy my kids more.  I get so caught up in just getting through the day that I forget to enjoy everything my kids did that day, or take the time to really play with them and let them know how much I love them.  There just never seems to be enough time.  This seems to be a theme with me, something else I need to work on.  Hopefully one day soon I'll figure it out.  But until then, I've come to accept that I'm a mourner, or at least majority mourner with a little bit of a rejoicer, with goals to become more of a rejoicer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!