Friday, April 13, 2012

The countdown to 1 year begins!

I had decided awhile ago that if we had more kids after The Girlchick I would nurse for 1 year.  I had made it until 8 months with The Girlchick, but really wanted to go for a year if we had more.  When I found out we were having twins, I just said I would wait and see what happens.  I wasn't going to put that kind of pressure on myself if it didn't work out.  Having twins is hard enough, but I said I'm just going to see how it goes, and if I can do it then I will. 

Well April 21st is one year so I am almost there.  It's a good thing too since my milk supply is rather low these days.  We have had to do some supplementing in the last 2 weeks, but they are still getting breast milk everyday even if it is only 1/2 a bottle, so I say it still counts.  I'm going to miss my little private times with them in the mornings and evenings, but I am very happy that I will no longer have to pump!  I hate pumping, all the "stuff", hauling the pump all over the place.  But I am very happy that I made it this far and with twins to boot.  It wasn't always easy, and at times I wanted to rip out my hair, but I did it and I'm very proud of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!