Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Little Boys

The boys got their first haircuts this past weekend.  It was time, it was either get their hair cut or start pulling it back in a pony tail.  Nathan said I wasn't allowed to do that.  They look like little boys now instead of the shaggy haired babies. 

Let's just say that I'm not impressed with the selection of places to get kids haircuts.  I decided on one place on a recommendation from a friend.  She had taken her son there since he was a baby and she was pretty happy with it.  I also looked them up on the web and liked the fact that they give you a little certificate with their hair and take a picture for you, which is a BIG plus with trying to juggle twins.  I don't always have a free hand to take pictures of the things I want. 

We get there at our appointment time, and I was a little miffed that they took 2 walk ins ahead of us.  We had to wait about 10 mins, which is not easy with babies, let alone twins.  They are at the age where they want to be on the move.  They don't want you to hold them or confine them. 

We finally get called, and they only take one back, and then when I asked about the other, she seemed a bit confused.  She decided to take the other one and I had to hold him on my lap instead of putting them in the little car chair that they have for the little ones.  Not only did she just start cutting without talking to me I'm trying to talk to Nathan and look at the other one at the same time, and then she asks me ...... well if we do you at the same time, who's gonna take pictures?  Huh?  I came here since you advertise that you take pictures for their first hair cuts.  Before I can say anything she just starts to cut away.  I'm asking Nathan down the aisle what the other lady is doing since I want them to have the same cut.  You would think that one of them would have asked what the other was doing since you could tell we were concerned about it.  But no..... I think it would have required them to actually think.  We ended up getting hair cuts that were a little different from each other, not what I wanted, but a learning experience.  I now know what to expect, what to do and what not to do. 

First hair cut - not shaggy babies anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!