Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Girlchick cuts her hair - first edition

So The Girlchick got an idea to cut her "bangs" from a Miranda Lambert song...... "I cut my bangs with the rusty kitchen scissors....."  Then she went and cut her "bangs", which is actually just a little tuft of hair really close to her scalp.  I wouldn't have even noticed if I wasn't trying to pull her hair back in a pony tail and couldn't figure out why this one little section was sticking up and wouldn't go down.  Then I looked a little closer.  Then I asked her.... and of course she denied it, then she finally fessed up.  But the story is still a little off.  First she told Daddy that she didn't.  Then she finally fessed up to me that she did.  That she did it in school and her teacher Ms. Seema knew about it and she did it with the teachers scissors.  When we asked the school about it they said no it didn't happen at school.  Then later she told her dad that she got the idea from the above mentioned song.  So we may never know what actually happened beyond the fact that she cut her hair.  It could have been a lot worse.  Let's just hope there is no more inspiration for wild and crazy songs, or we will have to stick to kiddy songs for her.

I'm pretty sure I never cut my own hair, although GaGa tells me that Nathan did.  I'm pretty sure that this is a right of passage for most kids.

barely visible tuft up front.  a little close to the scalp that makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!