Monday, June 3, 2013

Three is the magic number..... or not

There have been studies that have show that having three kids is the most stressful number to have.  I recently found this article that states it very clearly and pretty much says it all for me.  I couldn't agree more.  I think with having twins as well as the second and third child adds a bit more stress as well.  You still have one young child that demands attention and isn't quite old enough to understand that they can't have all of you attention most of the time.  The Girlchick is pretty good about it the majority of the time, but she is still only 6 and it is hard for her to not have all attention focused on her.  Or if she is being silly on the same level as the boys - it's hard for her to break out of it and tell her that she knows better and they are still only 2.  But it's always divide and conquer and one of us will always be in zone defense mode.  Just trying to go to the store with all the kids by myself.  I really try hard not to do that.  I usually go Friday nights after everyone goes to bed (yes I'm old - woohoo exciting Friday night).  I don't have enough hands for everyone.  The Girlchick has to hold a pocket while I hold the boys hands.  Then there is the issue that most grocery carts only have one seat up front, so one boy goes in there and one goes in the basket.  They can't be trusted outside of the basket.  Then The Girlchick gets upset that she can't ride too.  If you get the nice "car" shopping cart then they fight over who sits in the car part and who sits in the front of the basket.  So I really try to avoid it if I can.  Needless to say I can agree with everything they say about the stress level of 3 kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!