Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Girlchick's Kindergarten Graduation

It's really weird to me that there is the big to do and "graduation" ceremony from kindergarten.  We didn't do that when I was younger.  You just went on to first grade.  Not the case these days.  It is such a big deal that they have to find a place big enough and then they still have to split it into 2 groups.  They rented out one of the smaller auditoriums at the Berry center.  Which is where the school district has plays and other events.  So it's a big place.  The kids that are graduating are on the stage first and receive their medals and diploma and sing a song for all of us.  Then they go back to their classroom groups and come back out to sing with their individual classes.  It is fun to see them be silly on stage and to see them perform, but it's a bit unnecessary to have the whole graduation from kindergarten. 


Her medal, her flowers, and her crown from when they sang "I just can't wait to be king" from the lion king.

Singing with all of the graduating Kindergarten class.  "I'm on my way"  It did make me tear up just a bit!




Singing "I just can't wait to be king" from the Lion King with her actual class.  Since it is a Montessori school there are kids in age from 3-6 in the actual class.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!