Monday, August 27, 2012

The Girlchick's First day of Kindergarten


Today is the Girlchick's first day of kindergarten.  A pretty big milestone.  I thought I would be more weepy since I have posted before that I tend to be more of a mourner vs. a rejoicer.  I think it has something to do with the fact that she is still at the same place she has been at since she was 9 months old. 

After a long debate on if we should put her in public school or keep her at Lakewood for private kindergarten - we are keeping her at Lakewood.  So not a whole lot has changed for us routine wise.  I think next year - when she has to take the bus to school, or get dropped off - then I might have issues.  The thought of her going into that big school and not even looking back - that will get to me.  But for now I'm OK.  So today we celebrate - we have all survived and she made it to kindergarten.