Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Leashed

I am officially one of those moms.  The ones you stare at and giggle at as they walk down the street or at the park or in the mall.  Oh and I know you do it to, because I too have done the same thing.  I never thought I would be one of THOSE moms!  But I am.  I have leashes for my kids. 

With The Girlchick it wasn't needed, she would listen to you, she would hold your hand or she just didn't go far.  With Thing 1 and Thing 2, they don't want to hold your hand, they don't really listen and I'm not sure if they would go very far or not since they don't get the chance, but the real issue, is that they go in different directions and have an uncanny ability to know when you are distracted and time their escape just right!  I sometimes think that they are telepathic and talk to each other or they communicate with just a slight glance (which I haven't been able to catch them at), and then take off running in opposite directions!

The plus side - they seem to like the little frog backpacks.  We let them walk around the house in them to try them out at first.  They like to have them on and then will hand you the leash end of it and want to just walk around.  It seems that they think it is more of a game for them to lead YOU around instead of you controlling THEM.  Which I am ok with. 

We'll just see how long it lasts!

Updated 9-5-12 I have video!!!

Check out the cuteness!