Friday, August 31, 2012

Speak already!

I'm a little worried about Thing 1 and Thing 2 speaking.  They have words that they say, bah = bath, ba = ball, bi = bye, duh = duck, buh buh = bubles, and my mother in law swears that they say truck, milk and a few other words.  They are supposed to be speaking and using 10 or more words at this point.  The problem is - they don't really say or use the words unless you really prompt them and try and work it out of them.  They should be saying Mama and Dada and actually using it to communicate with us.  They say it, but it's not directed at us.  So I'm a little concerned.  Not freaking out, just concerned.  I'm hoping it will just turn on in the next few months and we won't be able to shut them up!  They say that with twins it does take longer for them to speak - the therory being that they have each other and they understand each other just fine - so why would they need to speak to anyone else?  They do use some sign language and Thing 2 is starting to nod his head yes or his whole body I should say, but I really wish they would speak more.