Sunday, July 8, 2012

Busy but good weekend

If you've ever read any of my posts you will notice a theme, I never seem to have enough time to do everything I want to do, I always beat myself up for not spending enough time with my kids (that goes back to the whole not enough time thing) and I always try to be the best parent I can be, but more often than not - I'm not.   I know these tributes about myself, I try to learn from them, but I have a pretty thick head so learning isn't always the quickest.


So this weekend seemed to be non stop.  There was a lot of things that just needed catching up on around the house, hubby got a new job so he is busy trying to catch up and finish everything up at his old job, The Girlchick had gymnastics, tried to have a date night, it just seemed like it was super busy.


We also got to meet our friends, The Hensley's, first baby that we hadn't had a chance to meet yet.  They came over for a visit on their way back to Austin.  It was great to see them and catch up a bit.  


But I've decided that I just need one more day to my weekend to get everything done chore wise to get ready for the coming week and then one day to just relax and have fun.  Luckily with my new job I get to work a condensed work schedule and get to have every other Friday off.  I'm pretty excited about that fact.  







1 comment:

  1. you definitely get extra points in my book for making blueberry pancakes for the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!