Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Random Thoughts

1. Usually we get the kids clothes ready the night before so it helps to make the mornings smoother for Nathan when he is on his own.  The Girlchick will ask what the weather is going to be and usually dress accordingly.  But what cracks me up is the way she lays out her clothes.  She will lay them out on the floor in the middle of her room and you would think that it was placed on the floor to look like a person or where it would go on a person.  But no - she puts it in a line on the floor in the order of which she puts it on.  Undies first, then her shirt, then her pants then her socks and shoes.  It took me a minute to figure out it wasn't random and her undies were always on her "head".  But it fascinates me how her mind thinks sometimes.

2. In an update to her kindergarten testing - her teacher told Nathan on Friday that she did very well with the actual testing.  She behaved very well and there weren't any issues at all.  I'm very happy about this but a little surprised.  I thought we would have at least one episode.  Now we wait 1-3 weeks for the results!  And you should be really asking why Nathan was at school with her on Friday.  It was show and tell day and usually it relates to what they are working on in class which was the letter N.  She decided that Nathan was a good letter N item to bring into school.  :)  It was fun for both of them. 

3. I have been letting the boys hair grow out.  I have spent more on their hair cuts than The Girlchick by a lot.  Which is easy since she has only had 2 cuts and they were both free since we donated it to lochs of love.  So what I have been doing is just cutting their bangs to keep it out of their eyes.  It's not always perfectly straight, but it's not noticeable either.  But this means their hair is getting pretty long int he back and I love how their cowlick's make it all fluffy and poofy in one spot.  I love to run my fingers through it right in that area.  I do this if they happen to be sitting on my lap just hanging out or when we do "rocky-bye" at bed time.  Sometimes they don't let me do it and tell me "no Mama".  But I try to do it whenever I can.  So it really cracked me up at the dinner table the other night when Thing 1 started to do it to his own hair in the exact same spot in the same way.  I thought it was hilarious.

4. The other thing they have started copying is the way they give me kisses.  I love to give them hugs and kisses, like I torture them since they are like - no mama and want to go play and I just want to love on them.  So I usually have to stop them and I grab their face to hold them still and give them kisses on both cheeks.  The first time Thing 2 did it to me I wasn't sure what he was trying to do but then when I didn't turn my head like he wanted so he could kiss my other cheek - he said "utter ide" which translates to other side.  It's really funny to see what they pick up on and copy.  I wasn't really aware of doing that until I was like - where did that come from and thought about how I usually kiss them.

5.  Thing 1 is still on the smaller side and still about 2 lbs behind Thing 2.  He has these little chicken legs that I just love and is always pulling at his pants to keep them up (I had to go buy some 12 month sized shorts since I thought that by this summer they would be too small and had donated them all).  But he is funny how he will still curl up into the tiniest ball in the fetal position.  He gets so small that it is really like he is a little baby still.

6. They had their first argument last night with actual words that I understood.  They fight all the time but it's usually just shouting no at each other or just screaming.  But last night Thing 1 wanted daddy to do rocky-bye and Thing 2 wanted mommy to do it.  It was funny to listen to them.  Thing 1 kept asking "dada ocky-bye", and Thing 2 kept asking for Mama.  Then they started to talk to each other - Thing 2 said - no, mama and Thing 1 said, no - dada.  This went on for a few minutes.  It was really cute.

7. Thing 2 always shouts MAMA, MAMA, MAMA,MAMA - not matter what to get my attention.  I thought it was because I ignore his first request or second request so I really tried to make sure I responded to him the first time he called for me or tried to get my attention.  But no - he just likes to shout at me over and over.

8. Thing 2 loves to sing.  Doesn't matter what type of music or if he doesn't know the song or he makes up the song in his head.  He just loves to sing.  I've asked Nathan if he thinks he will be a singer when he grows up and he said no - he's too much like you and is probably tone deaf.  I told him that wasn't funny.

9. Now on to birthday planning.  They turn 2 at the end of this month.  What to do what to do.  Trying to make sure not to spend too much money and keep it simple, but also make sure that The Girlchick realizes that they all get equal "stuff" (she gets it in her head at times that she gets more "stuff").  I think I need to do what the Hoy house does and do experiences instead of parties.  But how and where to start with that?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!