Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Big Boys!

Happy Birthday!

It has been two years since I welcomed you both into the world and you have been full of surprises at every turn.  Just like you started out the day you were created, you were a surprise then too.  I have loved every minute of it.  Well most of it.  The chaos that now rules our house - some days I could go without.  But I wouldn't change a thing.  Every experience, every sweet little boy hug, every step, word and tears.  Wouldn't change a thing.

You both have amazed me and scared me and I really do think that you have caused a lot of the gray hair I have recently discovered.  But I love you both so much.  I love to watch you discover and learn new things.  I love to watch you play and be crazy.  I love to see how you follow your big sister around like little ducks and listen when she reads you stories.  I don't love it so much when you fight, it hurts my heart, but I know that it is mostly normal and hopefully as you get older it will get better. 

It's been an amazing 2 years, I can't wait to see what comes next.  But let's slow it down a bit.  I need more time to enjoy the moment.

The boys had a nice celebration at the school on the Friday before their actual birthday. 

Big sister got to join us for cookies (Thing 1 is next to sissy)





We also had a small Barnyard themed party for them at the house. I couldn't have pulled it off without the Gill family.  Paula made all the labels for the food and did all the shopping for the decorations and Wayne helped us put it all together and blew up all the balloons for the find the piggies game (the piggies had escaped their pen and everyone had to chase them down and put them back in, silly piggies escaped several times!).  The Girlchick at first thought that the purpose of the game was to pop as many of the piggies as possible and was pretty upset when we told her that wasn't the point.  I think this game was the biggest hit of the party.  Well that and the wagon hay rides where daddy was the horse.  They had a lot of fun.  Unfortunately Thing 1 started not feeling well that day and this ended up being the start of a nasty tummy bug. 

The table with all the labels of barnyard themed foods and the banner that The Girlchick made

The Gooooodie bag

Wagon hay rides

Bobbing for duckies

Eating cake and snacks with Grammy And GaGa (thing 1 in the dark blue shirt and Thing 2 in the light blue shirt)

Thing 2 with Grammy

Thing 1 with GaGa

The Girlchick, Thing 2, Ellis & Dorset Gill, sitting on the hay bales in front of the big red barn door that Wayne made on the fence

Thing 1 was feeling pretty yucky by this point at the end of the party and he just wanted to be held so he isn't in any of these pictures


2 comments:

Add a comment!