Thursday, February 21, 2013

Time Out

We have had to start the Time Out process a little earlier with the boys than we did with The Girlchick.  They are crazy!  They beat each other up, hit each other, bite, hit their sister, they have no fear and will just go nuts.  We really didn't have to start that with her until she was over 2 yrs.  She might have only been 2.5, but I know she was over 2.  They boys aren't even 2 yet and we have been putting them in time out for at least 2 months. And they understand the concept since they have watched their sister having to sit in Time Out.  I was't sure they would, but they get it.

It's pretty funny sometimes.  Like the other night Thing 1 was just being pig headed.  I mean extremely pig headed.  Beyond his normal pig headedness.  The usual process is that they hit or do something bad and they have to go sit in time out and then they can get up once they calm down and then they have to say sorry to the person they hit and give them a hug or "luvs" as they call them.  Thing 1 had sat in time out and I told him he could get up but he had to say sorry for hitting me.  He would scream NO!  Then I told him that he had to go sit back down and could get up when he was ready to say sorry.  He got back up and came over to me and I said are you going to say sorry?  He said NO! and then started to scream again, then I told him he had to go sit back down.  He ran over to their time out spot screaming and sat back down.  He got back up again and came back over and did the same thing, I asked are you ready to say sorry?  He said NO!  And this time I didn't even have to tell him to go sit back down, he just went and sat his little hiney in his spot.  This went on for 45 mins!  I told you he was being pig headed!  

Thing 2 has been putting his Elmo doll in time out.  If I didn't think that they understood the concept, any doubts were removed after he started doing this.  In the video I had to prompt him a little to do it so I could get it recorded, but before that he was doing it all on his own.  I would say that he has the concept figured out.  Little stinkers!  At first it took me a few minutes to figure out that he was saying "owie" while he had his finger in Elmo's mouth.  And I would ask him if Elmo was biting him and he would then say "No Biting!", and he would tell Elmo that he has to go sit in time out.  It was hilarious!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!