Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Potty training , already?

A good friend has always told me that the rule of thumb for potty training boys is to wait until they are 3.  I've always been god with that, since I was in no hurry to try and do two at once. 

For maybe the last two weeks they have shown some interest in the potty. I would take their diapers off and put them on the potty. They would just sit there for about a second and then say "all done".  This past weekend they they both dribbled a tiny amount into the potty. It was very exciting. Well today we were sitting at the table eating dinner when all of a sudden I could tell Thing 2 was trying to go. He tells me poo poo potty, potty, poo poo.  And I asked him do you need to go potty? And he did his head nod and grunt that he uses for yes.  So off we go, but I could tell that he had already gone. I take off his diaper and sure enough he has already gone. But I put him on the potty anyway, and I can tell he is trying to go some more, but I didn't think he had actually gone. I get him off the potty and a clean diaper on him and then stand up and look into the potty, and sure enough he has pooped in the potty!  I tell him great job and give him high fives and he says bye bye poo poo!  And we flush the potty. He was so proud!  

Now of course Thing 1 has to try, and he doesn't do anything except want to unroll the TP roll. 

I was really ok with this waiting until they were 3. I'm SO not ready to try potty training right now. So we are just going to go really really slow. Really slow, like drag my feet for a year slow. 

I know, I know, if they are ready then they are ready.  Sigh...... That's what I get for planning, I should know better than to try and make plans with these boys, they never seem to follow them.  I mean come on, I had planned for just ONE more and look how that turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!