Monday, February 4, 2013

Surgery Update

I really am pulling my hair out!  It's been over a week and I don't see a change or any improvement whatsoever!  It is beyond frustrating.  They have still been running low grade fevers in the 100.2-100.9 range.  Then Thing 2 spiked up to over 102 and has been holding steady at about 101.6.  We took him back in to see the pediatrician and she said his throat and ears looked good but he had the starting of bronchitis.  Really again?  How do you get it when you are already freaking on antibiotics?  They have now been on antibiotics for over 3 weeks!  So now she switches him to another one, one that is supposed to be more aimed at chest infections instead of ear infections.  I'm not buying the kool aid!  Can you see me rolling my eyes?  This was on Thursday of last week, now did you notice I had mentioned that she said his ears looked great?  Well on Friday he had puss running out of them.  So we started him on the ear drops that you are supposed to use when they get ear infections.  I checked Thing 1's ears too and he had drainage too, not puss but it was fluid, coming out like it was supposed to.  I started him on ear drops too.  Right about this time Thing 1's fever finally seemed to go away.  After about 2 1/2 weeks of low grade fevers and two different antibiotics later, finally a change for the good.  But over the weekend his snot changed from clear to nasty thick yellow/green stuff.  I'm waiting for the fever to come back and we will start the whole cycle again.  Doesn't it sound fun?  Wanna come play with us?

We have an appointment with the allergist on Friday, I'm really hoping they can tell us something or help in some way. 

1 comment:

  1. Jami this is really difficult. A terrible feeling when nothing seems to be working. Y'all are in our prayers. I might suggest a move to Austin to change climates. :)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!