Monday, February 25, 2013

Immune testing Thing 1

On Friday I took Thing 1 to have his blood work started for his immune testing.  It was a lot of blood.  It was 3 large tubes and one small one.  They use a butterfly and asked me to hold him, then they have a second person come in and actually hold his arm while another one does the stick and does the blood draw.  He was so mad!  I had a hard time hanging on to him and they kept telling me to hold him tighter.  I was like any tighter and he isn't going to be able to breathe!  That little boy is strong!  I felt so bad, all he kept saying was "All done!".  It was horrible for me.  I have issues getting my own blood drawn and have actually passed out before.  So this was not an easy thing for me to do to try and remain calm to help keep him calm.  I had terrible mommy guilt, so we went out for ice cream.  The boys don't really get sugary treats at home, they had it on their birthday and thanksgiving, but that is it.  It was pretty funny - we went to Baskin Robbins and I wasn't sure what he would do, so I got a plain cone and the ice cream in a seperate cup.  He only ate the cone, and spit out the first bite of ice cream.  He then would touch his spoon to the ice cream and put it in his mouth, but never ate any.  It was really cute.




Showing you his BooBoo (you can see the edge of the wrap on his arm)

Eating his ice cream cone and not eating his ice cream





No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!