Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Things that make me smile

I am finally back home from the hospital, the boys are still having some issues, but they seem to be responding to zofran and are able to hold down fluids and light foods.  However the other end - there is no hope and no meds, it just has to work itself out.  Very messy, stinky and just plain yucky! 

I have to say that it has been nice finally being home.  I missed my family.  It's been nice to just hang out with everyone and it not be too loud, crazy or just out of control, which is normal for our house. 

A few things I have noticed while hanging out.  I love that Thing 1 would just want to come over and snuggle.  He would sit in my lap and I would rub his tummy to make him feel better, and he would start to relax and rub my leg in return.  It was so sweet!  He would even start to fall asleep.  I loved it.  I hated that it took him being sick to sit still long enough for me to get some snuggle time, but it was just what my soul needed.

Also both boys have finally started to say and mean MaMa and DaDa.  The other day we were coming home and Dad walked out of the house to help unload everyone.  Thing 1 pointed and said DaDa.  It's the first time he has seen us and called us MaMa or DaDa.  He would say the words, but would never point to us or say it and point to us.  Now if you ask them they will point and say it.  It's awesome!  I love it!

Thing 2 is awesome when he gives you luvs!  He gives them often and whole hearted!  He gets his whole body behind it.  If you tell me to give you luvs he will run over and throw himself at you.  It's the best thing in the world.

The other thing he does is when I come home he will run to the door with his arms in the air and throw himself at me.  If he has to wait even a slight second he gets REALLY mad and then runs away and pouts and won't come back.  So I have learned not to have anything in my hands when I come in the door so I can get my welcome home and he won't be mad at me for the rest of the night.  He can hold a grudge, not like his brother, but still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!