Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was a little crazy in our house.  I'm not sure what else I could have done to make it go smoother.  I pre-made breakfast so that I had it all ready to go, all I had to do was toss it in the oven while we opened presents.  I even made the main dish for dinner the day before so all I had to do was make the sides.  We fed the boys a snack to hold them over while The Girlchick sorted the presents into piles for everyone.  But it seems not matter what I did to make it run smoother it just didn't work.  Anyone have any ideas or do I just need to accept the chaos?  I know I have control issues, but I just want everyone to enjoy it as much as I do and did as a kid.  My Mom always made my birthday and Christmas so special for me, I want my kids to have that same feeling and memories.

Overall it was still a great Christmas.  We had a little hiccup with the weather and the power going out for awhile.  It threw off my timeline to get dinner ready, so we were a little late eating, but it wasn't too bad.  It was nice to open presents and then just be with my family.  Even if it was beyond crazy!  That was the one thing I really wanted to accomplish during the holidays, was to spend some time with my family.





3 comments:

  1. It gets easier as they get older? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get easier. We take turns opening gifts ... to reduce the chaos, an added benefit to the original purpose of seeing what each other receives, being happy for them, not completely concentrating on one's self on the most selfish holiday (for most kids anyway). My $0.02.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks D! So when you take turns is it one person opens all of their presents while everyone else watches, or everyone takes one turn? And the kids are ok with this? Hmmmmmm...... I can see this working. Something has to change. It was crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!