Friday, June 8, 2012

We're on a boat!

So while The Girlchick was in Cali, we went to lake conroe.  I really thought that staying close to home would be easier.  But I found that if you have the opportunity to take more stuff and are not limited by space, you take everything you might possibly need.  Which is just WAY to much stuff!  We had coolers, toys, the large double stroller, clothes, diapers, the large double pack 'n' play, water toys, all the stuff for the pool and the lake.  Man it was a lot of stuff.  I think we took more stuff to Conroe then we did to mexico.  Geesh!

We were able to make it to the pool one day and the boys were not huge fans for their first foray into the pool. They eventually released their death grips on us and we were able to put them into the floaties, but they were still pretty unsure about the whole thing.

We also took them out on the lake in a pontoon boat.  They had a lot of fun.  but towards the end they were pretty tired and ready to go.  Not a huge fan of the life vests that they had to wear, and if I had to do it over I would make sure that they had better ones for little ones to wear that might have been a little more comfy.  But we all got to have lunch on the boat, but again it is a lot of work and at times very stressful.  You have one person trying to drive the boat and one person left to deal with both boys on a boat which isn't baby proof in any way. 

I also forgot rule number one when you go on vacation with babies - bring the duct tape.  It can cover light sockets, secure cabinets/drawers closed, it can help in a lot of ways to baby proof a room temporarily.  I'm not sure why I seem to forget a lot of stuff I used to know and do and live by from when The Girlchick was a baby.  Oh yeah I remember - it's called TWINS! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!